Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Problems with parts updating

I have modeled some parts and have used in context features from multiple parts and now the assy will not update
I started with a hole in a main tube to create an axle tube, this would update if I changed hole position.
Then I modelled other parts using in context features from all the parts as required so not have multiple layers of in context features.

Is this a bad workflow? The assy refuses to update regardless of how many times I click each part

Onshape says this is a public document so anyone should be able to open.

Would this be best done with a

Comments

• glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    In context or single part studio will give a good result drawing parts in place. Looks good when first inserted into assembly, however you still need to apply proper mates in the assembly for things to reposition correctly when part changes occur. For example your main tubes are positioned with a planar mate only and are sliding around when the main tube length is changed ( fastened mate would be better). Axles are not mated to axle tube at all so don't follow via bolt holes when axle tube length changes.