Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Problem with Multi Part Studio tutorial

I'm following the Multi Part Studio tutorial (Katie Huffman) and when I get to slide 10, I can't extrude the pivot pins in the manner described.
After a lot of trial and error, I managed to select the regions necessary in the Master Sketch but when I use the 2nd direction check box, the Extrude name bar goes red and tells me the extrude failed and to check the input. Additionally Katie says to extrude 2 regions, but the slide shows three regions selected in the extrude frame.
I've made sure to use the New option and my pins show as separate to the arms, whereas Katie says the parts interfere with the existing parts, but mine do not. Is there a feature of OnShape that has overridden the effect and references that Katie's tutorial that haven't been mentioned?

Answers

• John_vd_WerffJohn_vd_Werff Member Posts: 65 PRO
    @melvyn_heath
    You need to hide some parts and planes to select the circles in the master sketch.
    The show them again to select the start and end faces.
    Hide/show with the little eye-icon in the features list.

• melvyn_heathmelvyn_heath Member Posts: 4

Thanks for the answer John, I'll try again.

Sorry for the delay responding, I'd moved on to another project😶