Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

scale drawing elements

EugenEugen Member Posts: 18 PRO
Hello fellow
In a drawing I have a big number of curves. This closed symbol I´d like to have in a scale of 50%.
How to do this?   

Best Answers

• Options
    bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    Answer ✓
    @Eugen

I think you meant in the sketch.  If so the following applies and please let us know if I misunderstood.

Instead of a scaling tool in sketch Onshape does the following:  All the geometry of sketch will scale to the first (and only) dimension that is entered.  This even works if you delete all other previous dimensions. Other constraints are fine and just keep the geometry similar.  See attached gif.

www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Hello Bruce, 
    this is strange. Only one dimnote and it works. Thank you verry much.

Eugen

Answers

• Options
    by the way, this symbol is totaly not controlled (all blue)
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    @Eugen

I think you meant in the sketch.  If so the following applies and please let us know if I misunderstood.

Instead of a scaling tool in sketch Onshape does the following:  All the geometry of sketch will scale to the first (and only) dimension that is entered.  This even works if you delete all other previous dimensions. Other constraints are fine and just keep the geometry similar.  See attached gif.

www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Hello Bruce, 
    this is strange. Only one dimnote and it works. Thank you verry much.

Eugen
  • Options
    maybe esoteric till you get it and then the word I use is elegant.  Now you have the power!
    www.accuratepattern.com