Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How can I connect different lines in a way that my svg export shows one line?

I work with a shaper origin. This machine uses svg files. My export shows different lines. How can I conect them to one line in the scetch mode already?

Answers

• Options
    n_schoemaekern_schoemaeker Member Posts: 28 PRO
    Can you provide a Document example?
    I'm not sure I understand your issue.
  • Options
    matthias_schranermatthias_schraner Member Posts: 2 EDU
    Thanks a lot. I'm unable to attache the downloaded svg file. You can find my project under seakajak or use:
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/620dedcac83093fade282cbf/w/a6e720b114459b9d1d6c6e9d/e/c2803f2db26e2366b0364154
    Under "Spant 9 drawing" you can find my problem. 
    Shaper Origin accepts only closed lines if I need inside or outside routing. Since my drawing exist in several pieces, it won't allow me that and I'm unable to use this router with OnShape drwings.
    Thanks a lot 
  • Options
    hovishovis Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    I'm also a Shaper user, and would really like a better Onshape -> Shaper Origin workflow.

I think what matthias_schraner means is that they want to be able to have an SVG export option that eagerly connects SVG paths. The Shaper tool expects each path to be a single cut operation, so splitting up a large closed loop into multiple paths causes problems.  For pocket cuts, it simply doesn't work at all because Shaper demands a closed path to initiate a pocket operation.

If there's any interest, I will record a video of the Shaper UI demonstrating the problem.

Personally, I've already taken a stab at pulling the primitives from the Onshape document using the Onshape API and stitching the paths together to make a streamlined export tool - but the Onshape document model is beyond me I'm afraid.  There is a very nice Shaper export plugin for Fusion that would be perfect - except that it's in Fusion and not in Onshape.

• Options
    quinn_renehanquinn_renehan Member Posts: 4 EDU
    As an onshape and origin user I would also love to see an svg export option...with connected paths. My students and I have run into these same issues and anything to make the process smoother would be great.