Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

[Feature Request] Allow custom icon for tabs

n_schoemaekern_schoemaeker Member Posts: 28 PRO
Hi everyone,
I can never remember if there is a dedicated topic for feature request, so feel free to move this topic to it if there is.

Once thing I believe should be fairly easy to implement and would be useful is to have the ability to change and set custom icons for folders. For instance, when adding a part in an assembly, we navigate through our "My OnShape", and I can see lots of folders.
If we could have custom icons, it would be fairly easier to "navigate by icons" instead of by reading the folders' name.
For instance, I'm often adding screws that are not in the Standard Content (flat head torx screws *ahem ahem*) and if I could, I'd definitely place an icon of a screw or a nut or something. Same for important project: I'd place a screenshot of the project's rendering or something.

Thanks in advance!