Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Custom Properties + FeatureScript

Kira_LeeKira_Lee Member, Developers Posts: 17 PRO
edited December 2021 in FeatureScript
I have a custom property (text) set in a configuration table for a part studio (Part A).
Next I have a feature script that takes Part A and subtracts it from a cylinder part (Part B ) in a completely different document - I import two different configurations of Part A because I need two subtractions (one for each face of Part B ).
Finally, I make a drawing of Part B. 

In this drawing, I want to be able to put a note with the custom property for each configuration of Part A. Since custom properties seem to be attached to parts, once Part B is created, the properties are attached to it and the properties of Part A no longer show up as options in my drawing. Is there a way to get Part A properties onto Part B? Keep in mind that I need two different properties from Part A since two configurations are being used.