Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Improvements to Onshape - December 15th, 2021

13»

Comments

• Options
    Ethan_Deal_Ethan_Deal_ Member Posts: 7 EDU
    very nice additions, love them
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    GREAT UPDATE.

But is there any reason why the mass properties have been disabled for assembly which has one or more parts without material properties?  I find sometimes it overrides like it used to but mostly it doesn't work and can't seem to work out why apart from adding materials for all parts. Before this update, there was just a blue warning and you would still be a mass calculation for what was available  
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    tate_coltontate_colton Member Posts: 2 EDU
    Let's Goooooooooo!!!! Nicely done Onshape devs. Ya'll need a raise. Or a Christmas bonus or something.
  • Options
    yong_kimyong_kim Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    I love it! <3
  • Options
    Sean_ZhanSean_Zhan Member Posts: 1 EDU
    Amazing update!
  • Options
    Lewis_MainaLewis_Maina Member Posts: 9
    This is amazing 
    can you please consider adding 3D sketching capabilities
    Thanks
  • Options
    Arunabha_NagArunabha_Nag Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 17
    GREAT UPDATE.

But is there any reason why the mass properties have been disabled for assembly which has one or more parts without material properties?  I find sometimes it overrides like it used to but mostly it doesn't work and can't seem to work out why apart from adding materials for all parts. Before this update, there was just a blue warning and you would still be a mass calculation for what was available  
    It was a regression and will be fixed in the next release of Onshape.
  • Options
    david_weber318david_weber318 Member Posts: 6 EDU
    Great Updates.
    What a shame we still can't dimension Isometric Drawings. 
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,365 PRO
    edited January 2022
    @david_weber318

In 30+ years of consumer and medical product development, I've never needed to dimension an iso drawing. I've never seen a drawing from a vendor or partner with dimensioned iso views. Is this something that is specific to an industry?

There is a whole standard for 3D Model Based Definition, which some industries are adopting, but again, I never work with vendors or partners who use it. I've had enough trouble using GD&T and getting vendors who can reliably inspect to it.
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    The only time I had a requirement to dimension an ISO was for a patent drawing.
    So there are some that may require it, but for what I do I've put a dim on an ISO maybe a dozen other occasions in 15 years, but that was out of convenience (iso was already there and paper was already full of views) and was a clearer view of the area for marking out stuff like paint masking areas. Since the person that is in charge of masking for paint is a low skill laborer that would get easily lost in a technical drawing. Having a 3d iso with some color and dims can be nice. But I wouldn't say it's exceptionally necessary.
  • Options
    guy_rogelguy_rogel Member, User Group Leader Posts: 84 PRO
    Show depenecies is great. But note it will not work in roll back . so to make sure you get the full list of parants and child you must not be in a roll back.