Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Where should I ask my beginner's questions?

john_smith077john_smith077 Member Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
Hello 
I am new to OnShape. I have lots of beginners questions (for things that TBH aren't as obvious as they might be!). 
Where should I ask my questions?

J

Tagged:

Comments

• dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    In the upper right corner, you find the ?, that's the complete help.
    And the learning center.

• john_smith077john_smith077 Member Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    In the upper right corner, you find the ?, that's the complete help.
    And the learning center.

Thank you.

But my problem is when I still have a number of basic questions where the Learning Center data appears to be incorrect.

e.g. Right now, I am trying to use my mouse to rotate my part, whilst locking the Z-axis. But holding down Alt does help, however it still allows the user to 'pull the Z-axis of the part towards you'...

J
  • bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    edited December 2021
    You can use the arrow keys (15 degree steps or 5 degree with shift-arrow key)  I am not aware of a mouse rotation to keep the plane level as you ask.

btw you are in the right place for questions. Best practice is to start a new thread for each question.

I see you have been away from the forum for a while but it is still a friendly active place.  I appreciated reviewing your 'straw poll' from 2016. We have come a long way with Onshape!
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • john_smith077john_smith077 Member Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Thanks.

> We have come a long way with Onshape!
    Out of interest, what are the headlines on this? 
    i.e. In what main ways has OnShape moved forwards?

J
  • bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    This only goes back to 2017.    Significant updates every 3 weeks.   https://www.onshape.com/changelog
    www.accuratepattern.com