Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Joint two pipes at an angle different to 90 Degrees

Hi Guys sorry if I cant get this properly but I have a problem with two pipes at angles different to 90 Degrees.
See below:

I tried different things including removing with a circle, using surface and thicken, using two solids and make a shell.
I did successfully the joint of two 90 degrees pipes but this one is giving me problems.
I will appreciate in advance a recommendation or guidance.

Answers

• Cobalt_EchoCobalt_Echo Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Did you figure this out?  I have to use a combination of Split, delete faces, Extrude(Remove), and so on.  It's annoying.

Possibly, depending on how your extruding, you can extrude the light blue up to the face of the dark blue pipe, then Extrude(remove) the middle, merging with the dark blue pipe.

I'm open for better suggestions though!
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
    What result are you trying to achieve? Right now you have 3 parts. Are you trying to create one part? Do you want a hole where the Y comes together? 

When you extrude things you probably want to use "add" instead of "new", unless this is for a weldment. For the smaller pipe, you probably want to extrude "up to next", or extrude "up to part" if you're making 3 parts. There are a million different ways to build the same thing, but I would be inclined to extrude a solid cylinder for the second pipe "up to next" (or "up to part") and then extrude/remove the hole inside the pipe "up to next", or "up to face" and pick the inside of the larger tube.
  • bravetiger1964bravetiger1964 Member Posts: 4 EDU
    Hi guys thanks for your reply. In real world all those elements are separate structures that is why I was trying to use "Extrude/New"to add the tube to the pipe, after that I used Extrude/Remove on the little pipe and it always gave me interference. I anyway solved the problem using SHELL instead and I got it alright.

• eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,462 PRO
    @bravetiger1964
    You could probably also use a boolean to remove the material from the big pipe, and then do a "replace face" to replace the end face of the tube with the face of the pipe.