Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to trim an extrude

samuel_coleman349samuel_coleman349 Member Posts: 2
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/910479e3adea6ae11645a77d/w/dcd26666b8cca551e7450cb7/e/24d2b5826d60eff373ec1ff6 I am designing a pool skimmer flap.  Where the supports are I have created they extrude through the main surface to the outside.  I am trying to clear them off so they do not protrude, the front view shows them on the left side of the photo

Comments

• Options
    bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    Based on the view-only link you sent (can't edit or copy to edit) you can either use the Rib feature instead of the extrude or change the Extrude to an "Up to part/face". This would be the most efficient method to create the support structure. You could also just perform an Extruce > Remove on the profile the is hanging out to get rid of it as an extra feature.

If you'd like more detailed help please share the document as Public so we can dig into the feature tree further.
    Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,504 PRO
    Changing the extrude end conditions as suggested above should work. If for some reason the face you need to stop at doesn't exist yet or you need to full length initially for any other reason, you could use a "move face" feature to bring the ends of the extrude inboard after the fact.