Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Reposition Detail View (Drawing)

matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 476 PRO
What tricks are available to disable snapping, so that a detail view can be re-positioned in a drawing?  When I drag the view border center it automatically snaps back to the original position.

Comments

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    edited January 2022
    @matthew_stacy You currently need to drop the detail circle center on drag to an existing edge.  We don't have proper support yet for regions within drawing views - but we are working towards that. 
  • Options
    @pete_yodis, thank you for the prompt and candid reply.  So the trick is that the center of the detail view must have a target to snap to and cannot float?

I can see where there might be significant technical challenges in changing that behavior.  I can live with the current functionality as is.  Thanks again!
  • Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @matthew_stacy
    If you don't snap the centre point when creating the view, you can then drag it around by the edge of it.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    @MBartlett21 thanks!