Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Mirror and projecting sketch help

john_clinejohn_cline Member Posts: 4 EDU
Hay all, wondering if you could help me with some issues I'm having with some designs for my senior capstone for uni. I'm having some trouble projecting a given sketch onto a slightly curved shape so I can make a slight recess for a handle with its specific dimensions. I am also having some trouble mirroring the same properties to the other side of the part. I've been using Onshape for about a year now, but I'm no professionals so any help with this would be great.

Anywho, I've tried split and a Project tool from another forum page which hasn't really helped just yet. I managed to get something to work for the right-hand side, but now I'm stuck trying to get something symmetric don't the LH  side now.

Want to get this or at least the sketch projected to the other side. I was able to mirror it, but for whatever reason when I went to chamfer it, it went way oversized with the same values I used for the RH side. Very confused.

If you need any more info or some kind of access to the file, just let me know.
Thanks in advance!

Project: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/d8ca1c870dad51789412ba41/w/f1b38ec026024f0813e5a630/e/1fa4e91156602622bbad7725?configuration=List_bttXnosFtOqDiY=Default&renderMode=0&uiState=61c64e5ba09ff83ad27d0893