Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Assembly constraints for basic blocks

Hallo Onshapers,

I'm new in Onshape and a professional mechanical engineer using 'other cad' for decades, Therefore, I believe I make good Onshape learning progress in one week of time. I know : Learning cad is both trial and error, and reading the manuals. Which really helps. But despite of and probably due to my extensive cad experience, I do not manage to assemble the shelfs in my birdhouse hbinb_00131. What I do expect is assembly constraints touch face to face and align face to face. With 3 of them I can constrain one plate to another. How to do this in Onshape ? I learned in https://learn.onshape.com/learn/article/mating-basics that I only need one mate action. Which one ? And how ?

Thanks in advance

Hans

Answers

• Options
    Jake_DelanoJake_Delano Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 41
    Hi Hans. If you would feel comfortable sharing a link to your design, that could definitely help diagnose your specific issue. From what it sounds like, you are just trying to mate two parts together without any movement. In this case, I would suggest using the Fasten mate, which you can use to align your parts with one another and then add proper offsets if need be.