Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Shortcut for closing out sketch and/or feature dialogue

wheeler_ganswheeler_gans Member Posts: 3 PRO
edited January 2022 in Product Feedback
I really miss the ability to accept/exit a sketch/feature dialogue without a mouse click. In SW this can be done with the rebuild command, but as far as I can tell in Onshape the only way to exit the dialogue is to click the green accept button in the dialogue. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    romeograhamromeograham Member, csevp Posts: 657 PRO
    You can also right click>"Confirm <feature>" - click in the graphics area for this.

Sometimes, if the wind is blowing just right, a simple Enter keystroke will accept the command and close the dialogue.
    Of course, if you want to accept this Extrude (Extrude 1) and perform another Extrude, you can type Shift+Enter and it will: accept this command, and open up the dialogue box again for you, ready for another extrude.

I also missed the keystroke in SW!

• Options
    Jordan_EnglundJordan_Englund Member Posts: 19 ✭✭✭
    In creo this is done with a middle mouse click, wherever the mouse is on the screen.

• Options
    phares_blankphares_blank Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2023
    A shortcut to exit sketches would be great. Ideally similar to Solidworks where you can double-click in white space to exit. The ESC key or double-tap spacebar would be good options as well.