Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Is it possible to edit a sketch pattern to include new sketch geometry

ryan_mcgoldrickryan_mcgoldrick Member Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
Ie you have an existing sketch pattern of a square

Come back edit sketch and add an additional square within the original square ie offset, and have it be included into that same pattern instance and direction etc.

Answers

• Options
    loltonka4x4andmoreloltonka4x4andmore Member Posts: 6 EDU
    if you are using that original sketch the answer should be yes, I would try to go open that sketch change what needs to be changed and if that does not work I am not sure what to do... if that makes any sense
  • Options
    outstandingoutstanding Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    I'm afraid the answer is no. One can edit directions, axis alignments, in even pretty dynamic ways (like removing a constraint and replacing it with one's own), but there is no way to edit the set of elements baked into an Offset or a Pattern. If you find this should be possible, here is an Improvement Request you can vote up.
  • Options
    glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 580 ✭✭✭
    @ryan_mcgoldrick
    Yes and No.
    The answer is yes if you feature pattern the sketch. No if you use sketch pattern in the sketch.
    More effective to pattern the feature than the sketch if it gets the results you want.
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/6164a183c20441bb781f7cd0/w/ccde88345499b28baa265f85/e/c70275563cf603a43b30126d