Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

how to model that in onshape ?

sergeserge Member Posts: 6
Hello,

I couldn't find out how to build this in onshape. 
Note : the draft won't work because the side of each tooth is parallel.

Thank you

Serge

Best Answers

Answers

• sergeserge Member Posts: 6
    thank you very much DaVicki :)  It does the trick indeed ( I will have to make 4 rotate face) .
    ha yes ! i'm impressed :) thank you . I'm still a little new to onshape and can't find good strategies with some models. Even we did the all smartrapcore here ( I'm smartfriendz guy ) , there is still a lot to learn with this wonderful tool. 
    Thanks
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Actually, something we both missed - DaVicki's excellent suggestion works just fine with "Draft" (which the OP had considered and rejected) instead of "Move (Rotate) Face"
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/a83345d4bdc74ca993f680d5/w/2caf6afc558b4a4385ee338e/e/bc1ad38b07514f12acbb989d

I also took the further liberty of extracting the Midplane profile from the solid shape resulting from his (modified) method, and derived those sketches into a second Part Studio to demonstrate my alternative "Extrude at Angle" method, and found it was not quite as simple in practice as in theory : I had to add a "Cut-Extrude" to trim the end.

Thanks, both of you, for the intriguing puzzle.
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    On Edit:

I didn't look carefully enough at the OP's geometry but focussed on @DaVicki 's model - as 
    michał_1 points out, there appears to be a draft angle on all four faces for the OP, although possibly steeper on leading vs trailing faces (but not a problem - just needs two draft features if so)

ha yes Andrew ! Now i feel like an idiot ... simply draft :)  you didn't miss anything. 
    thank you so much