Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

why can't I get logged in on another computer?

loltonka4x4andmoreloltonka4x4andmore Member Posts: 6 EDU
ok so I am obviously logged in on this computer (chrome book) and on another (mac) but for certain purposes I want to log in on another mac but when ever i try it says "invalid password or email" and I know my email is right and I have tried changing my password then reentering the password many times and have not got working how do I get logged in?

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    thank you for all your help we got it figured out by re-uploading the new password

Answers

• Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 360
    Hi @loltonka4x4andmore. I can see the mac and the Chromebook activity in our logs, but I am not seeing any failed logins. There is nothing on our end that would prevent you from using another machine.

Please check that you can type the new password into a text file to make sure that all the keys are working and that the keyboard isn't set to a different layout.

Can you try again and let me know the exact time of the login failure?
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    I just tried again at 7pm 
  • Options
    and it still wasn't working what should i try next?
  • Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 360
    I see successful logins from one Mac and one Chromebook at that time. I don't see any failed requests. This means that the request from your other mac isn't getting to our servers. If you are seeing "invalid password or email", I don't know where that is coming from.

Is this other mac a trusted machine? Are you sure you are going to https://cad.onshape.com?
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    thank you for all your help we got it figured out by re-uploading the new password