Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Issue: crop view makes explodes lines disappear

n_schoemaekern_schoemaeker Member Posts: 28 PRO
Hi all,

I'm making exploded views from an assembly, and I'm inserting them into some OnShapre drawings.
Usually it happens with no issues: when selecting the Explode/Position setting, I can see my assembly in my desired exploded step, and with the explode lines if I have made them visible.

But as soon as you crop the view, to only show a part of it, the explodes lines disappear (even if they are still in view in the cropped view obviously)
I've made a dummy part, dummy assembly and dummy drawing to showcase this, it's available here: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/b4e729c16e2d20dc197ecf46/w/c8551016ddbb69e2cb0d0ae7/e/e5f88b4fce1592f95ab0fa24

In the drawing I insert the same assembly, twice, in two views. In the right view I just activate a crop view and as you can see, the explode line disappear.
This is very problematic, as I'm using this foo a moderately complex assembly, I need to show a tiny part of it with some exploded lines to explain where a specific part goes, so I need to crop the view, but the exploded lines then disappears.

Can you guys fix it (or if it's possible, show how to bypass it?)

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,394
    Please create a support ticket (just copy/paste what you wrote above). That’s the fastest way to get something fixed. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI