Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sheet Metal stages

keith_waggonerkeith_waggoner Member Posts: 18 PRO
I hope I can word this properly, 
Is there a function within sheet metal that shows the model in the stages of the bends?  For example to be able to dimension and visualize the parts starting with the first bend through each stage of the process. 

Comments

• Options
    bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at this time
    Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,514 PRO
    You might be able to spoof it using several "move faces" (using the rotate) option to "straighten bends one by one. I know you can adjust a bend angle that way but not sure you can set it to "0" but that would be a manual process
  • Options
    romeograhamromeograham Member, csevp Posts: 657 PRO
    Could you set up configurations of the part - and each configuration would have 1 more operation completed than the last? Then you could show each configuration in order (in presentations, drawings, etc) to show the progression of operations.

• Options
    emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Actually Onshape allows you to change the order of the bends, moving them up or down in the bend table.
    So I suppose there will be some functionality like this in the roadmap of the new versions
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Options
    keith_waggonerkeith_waggoner Member Posts: 18 PRO
    Thank you for the replies. Seems like this would be a common function. Doing sheet metal bends requires dimensions and checks throughout the process.
    This is one area where Onshape falls short.