Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

iPad Mini 3, supported or not?

a_campbella_campbell Member Posts: 3 EDU
edited February 2022 in Using Onshape
Hey folks,
I was happily using Onshape on my iPad mini 3 for many months, until around 2 months ago. I received a message saying that Onshape required an update to create or edit documents. I opened the App Store to update the app and lo and behold, the dreaded ‘this version of iOS is not supported’ message popped up. In Onshape Help, the mini 3 is listed under minimum supported iOS devices, however my iPad is running iOS 12.5.5 which is 2 versions below the minimum supported iOS version in Onshape Help. This conflicting information has left me confused as to whether the loss of support for iOS 12 is deliberate or was some sort of accident when releasing to the App Store. I’ve been using Onshape on my laptop in the meantime, but I don’t find it nearly as convenient as using my iPad, and I’m not in a financial position at the moment to buy a new iPad just for CAD work. Please advise.
Many thanks
Archie

edit:sorry if I’ve posted this in the wrong category, please move if I did :blush:

Comments

• Options
    Domenico_DiMareDomenico_DiMare Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 85
    Thanks for bringing the conflicting information to our attention. 

Unfortunately, the iOS app does require a newer version of iOS, so the iPad Mini 3 is no longer supported. 

I use Onshape on my laptop a lot, and if you haven't already, I really recommend using a mouse. Also, make sure to check out the keyboard shortcuts and start trying to use them for the most common things you are doing. They can greatly speed up your modeling!
  • Options
    Nic_JNic_J Member Posts: 14 EDU
    No, I dont beleive so, mine doesn't work either....thanks @Domenico_DiMare