Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Flat plane over x-y-z (not x-y only)

roland_demmerichroland_demmerich Member Posts: 4
Hello, everyone,

I currently have a problem with my drawing and haven't been able to find a solution for days.

The problem is: My 3D printer cannot print the part like this.
I would therefore like to have a flat surface on the corner so that I can "lay it flat on the printer".

Unfortunately, I didn't find any help level or something similar - I'm really grateful for every hint.

I hope the picture explains it a little better.
The red area should lie flat on my printer.

But I just don't manage to define an "auxiliary plane" (?) with 45° to then remove it.

Comments

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Onshape doesn't have a built-in corner chamfer. However, there are lots of ways to construct one. Here are several examples. There might also be some custom Featurescripts floating around that will do this for you.
    1. Chamfer adjacent edges then delete the unwanted edge chamfers faces to leave just the corner.
    2. Loft cut between a sketched line and point.
    3. If you have a cubic shape (which you do), you can create a parallel plane using 3 points and then use a split/delete or extruded cut.
    4. Create a plane using line-angle (angle = atan(sqrt(2)) and then use a split/delete or extruded cut.
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/57acdfaae4b005c413ed9b6f/w/3fd585a46d3af1b3ba413c53/e/9b2242f2e0734997f7253e6f

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found this Featurescript written by @Jake_Rosenfeld a couple years ago.

Corner Chamfer
  • Options
    roland_demmerichroland_demmerich Member Posts: 4
    Thanks a lot!!