Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

freedom with mate connector

hervé_piponhervé_pipon Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
Hello,
Is there a way to have more freedom with circular mate connector

So that the blue part can move in all the hole created by the orange part...
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/e8d2062de0ff95f77a6b4b37/w/88f7579ccec47391700eef0d/e/5656cccfe32344f8124f1bda
Tagged:

Best Answer

• imants_smidchensimants_smidchens Member Posts: 62 EDU
    Answer ✓
    the closest thing I can think of would be a planar with limits on motion along the X and Y axes, but this might result in jerky/not very aesthetic motion. I would recommend keeping it as just a revolute within the assembly. You could set up an assembly configuration that switches between the two depending on demonstration needs, (lmk if I should elaborate) but imo it's not strictly necessary.

Answers

• imants_smidchensimants_smidchens Member Posts: 62 EDU
    Answer ✓
    the closest thing I can think of would be a planar with limits on motion along the X and Y axes, but this might result in jerky/not very aesthetic motion. I would recommend keeping it as just a revolute within the assembly. You could set up an assembly configuration that switches between the two depending on demonstration needs, (lmk if I should elaborate) but imo it's not strictly necessary.