Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Hi, I am a first time user and am having problems trying to revolve a sketch.

I have a sketch as per a couple of tutorials (making a wheel) but mine will not recognise selecting a face, or an axis point - if I try making solid, and then revolve the sketch vanishes??

Answers

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,724 PRO
    edited February 2022
    Welcome to Onshape!

Once a sketch has been used in a feature, Onshape assumes you are finished with it and hides it. You can show it again by right clicking the sketch from the feature tree on the left side of your screen and clicking the "eye" icon, or by right clicking the sketch feature and selecting "show".

Something that would have helped me out when I first started are the Onshape Learning Pathways. Definitely check them out if you are interested in learning Onshape.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    george_drewgeorge_drew Member Posts: 4
    Hi Michael thank you for your quick response. I guess 'keep trying' is the answer as I sometimes achieve what I want but don't know quite how! I think I did the same thing as before (which didn't work) but this time it does. I have managed to make a new  (wagon wheel) which somehow worked OK. I must persevere - 3D Cad was always tricky moving from 2D line drawings. Thank you again.