Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Strane message

amir_livneamir_livne Member Posts: 76 EDU
Hi
One of my colleges receive that message - does anyone know what the meaning of that?  

Comments

• DrewB_PTCDrewB_PTC Member Posts: 4 EDU
    Hi Amir,

WebGL is an API used for rendering interactive 2D and 3D graphics within you internet browser. Onshape uses WebGL for viewing your 3D CAD models. When an internet browser doesn't have WebGL enabled or WebGL stops working, you will see an error like this. If your colleague goes to https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/webgl.htm and opens the Graphics Performance: Desktop dropdown, they will see more information about what WebGL is and how to fix this in the browser they are using.

Best Regards,
    Drew
  • shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 852 PRO
    It happens to me from time to time and the cause is mildly unclear to me. Sometimes it seems like maybe the browser is using too much ram or something. It feels like for some reason, the browser decides to turn it off for a minute or two. On that note, I have complained and reported this and it seems at least some of the cause has been bugged.