Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Best Practices: Layout Sketch in Assembly Studio
You can make a sketch in a Solidworks assembly file and use that sketch to drive part locations and size. How can you do this in Onshape?
- Make layout sketch in assembly file.
- Part inserted into assembly file
- Part mated to layout sketch
- In context relations made between part sketch and assembly layout.
- Changes to layout sketch in assembly file drives part location and size