Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Fill Surface:

Lewis_MainaLewis_Maina Member Posts: 9
Surface Modeling: Am trying to use the fill surface feature but I keep getting the following error : (see attached video zip file and two images, I have attached file link too). Please help
"Edges selection includes one extra surface". file link  

Best Answer

• KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    Answer ✓
    @Lewis_Maina
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. There is an issue with the split feature in the original document you begin the exercise. One of the Split features provided produces an edge that cannot be referenced, which is why you are getting an error. - we will work to resolve this issue. In the meantime we have updated the exercise to use a Split face option instead. Please copy the start document again to complete the exercise.

Answers

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    I'm not sure about your specific case, but from your screenshot it appears that you need to select the edge between the two red dots, and maybe delete the item that's red in your selection list.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    Answer ✓
    @Lewis_Maina
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. There is an issue with the split feature in the original document you begin the exercise. One of the Split features provided produces an edge that cannot be referenced, which is why you are getting an error. - we will work to resolve this issue. In the meantime we have updated the exercise to use a Split face option instead. Please copy the start document again to complete the exercise.
  • Lewis_MainaLewis_Maina Member Posts: 9
    @Evan_Reese whenever I try to select an edge between two red dots, whole surface is selected as per the image