Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Hope to provide export/import with onshape's own project file format

Pinhe_DuPinhe_Du Member Posts: 2 EDU
The hope is to provide a separate file format that allows the export-import process to fully restore the original project files. Now's exported file formats do not fully recover sketches and variables from the original project file upon re-importing.
I have noticed that onshape has the ability to share links, but I would like to have a fully exported share. The advantage of this is obvious, the exported files are not subject to account restrictions like the shared links, which is a necessary feature if I lose my original account, or if some enterprises do not want to bind administrator accounts but want to have archived files.
I am using the education version now, and I would like to have this function if possible.
Your reply will be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,359 PRO
    You can transfer ownership within the system to another account, but there is no offline intermediate format for an Onshape document.