Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Xometry Instant Pricing Early Access!

Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
edited March 2022 in App Store & Partners Apps
We're looking to enlist some early access testers for the Xometry Instant Pricing app. If you haven't heard about Xometry, they're the world's largest digital manufacturing marketplace, connecting designers and suppliers with an intuitive, CAD-driven platform. The Xometry Instant Pricing app provides instant pricing and design for manufacturability (DFM) analysis seamlessly within Onshape, so you can price one --or many-- parts with processes like subtractive manufacturing, sheet metal, 3D printing, urethane casting, and more. 

To get involved, head on over here and fill out this short form: 
https://share.hsforms.com/14xhsy2ydT7mvIC-b5LSECg7adv    

This was teased out in the "What's New in the App Store", in case you haven't seen it yet.  ;)

Testing starts next week!

Comments

• Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
    edited March 2022
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
    edited March 2022
    @Aaron_Magnin

That link is for OnScale.
    @S1mon Glad someone is paying attention! Fixed!!! 
  • fnxffnxf Member, User Group Leader Posts: 134 PRO
    Great that it's here.. but what a bummer only for the US market.. that's not
    ;)

Here's the difference in the quotes for a small random part. The one in €uros is from Xometry Europe (formerly Shift), the other from Xometry US.

I do like the small feedback you get directly in Onshape, that's helpful:

Do you know for when the integration with the European store is planned?
    @fnxf I believe the Euro integration is planned, but I do not have details on when that might be. Let me see if I can get someone from the Xometry team to provide more details. There's a little FAQ on the App Store Entry you can see in the meantime, and their own website has more details and a chat feature that might be helpful. 
  • Greg_PaulsenGreg_Paulsen Member Posts: 7
    Thanks again for using the new app! I'm on the Xometry team.

Great observation - The pricing reflects the US/domestic manufacturing market. E.g., parts being made in the US and shipped to the US. There is typically an economy/international option when you click "View Xometry Instant Quote." We hope to expand to support Europe/EU and Asian markets in a future revision. For now, the best way to get a quote for Europe and ship within Europe is through the xometry.eu web platform.
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
    The DFM window where you can spin the part is too small and not resizeable on my 4k monitor. Yes, it's possible to use the +/- buttons to zoom, but the window is still comically tiny. This screenshot is a really simple part, but with more complex parts, it's really hard to review the feedback.

BTW, any word on when you might add laser cutting?

@S1mon Great feedback! Keep it coming. @Greg_Paulsen, FYI. 
    Thanks again for using the new app! I'm on the Xometry team.

Great observation - The pricing reflects the US/domestic manufacturing market. E.g., parts being made in the US and shipped to the US. There is typically an economy/international option when you click "View Xometry Instant Quote." We hope to expand to support Europe/EU and Asian markets in a future revision. For now, the best way to get a quote for Europe and ship within Europe is through the xometry.eu web platform.
    RE: Laser/Waterjet cutting - stay tuned! Right now the xometry.com site is required for quoting sheet cut materials and the team has some updates in motion.
    We'll keep our eyes on this thread but also want to ask for any tech/feature feedback to be shared here:
    • Please use this survey link if you have any feedback or suggestions for the Xometry Instant Pricing App for Onshape. Your feedback is valued and greatly appreciated!
  • MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,698 PRO
    This is really neat!

@Greg_Paulsen do you know if the parts are manufactured in the US or are they shipped from somewhere else?

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎