Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

What is slowing onshape down so much?

jack_erhartjack_erhart Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
Lately I have been experiencing slowdowns, and buggy features the last couple of days. Is something going on? I'm spending more time watching the buffering wheel go round and round and round, instead of modeling.

Nothing has changed on my system or on my connection, so is there a valid reason for the slowdown?

Comments

• Options
    marcus_whitemarcus_white Member Posts: 6 PRO
    I have been told by Onshape splitting up things into separate documents will help with speed and loading issues. My main issue here is the inconsistency in drawing speeds. We have broken the drawing sheet up into separate documents before but the update linked documents function is very slow and a pain since you have to update so many time. Once everything is broken up into separate documents you have to make a version before updating or you will not see the changes......
  • Options
    Jason_SJason_S Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 210
    edited March 2022
    @jack_erhart

Can you post a link to your document here so I can take a look at what is slowing it down?
    Support & QA