Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Flag notes on drawings?

S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,365 PRO
Is there a way to add balloons (circular, square, triangular, etc.) to automatically numbered notes (and keep the alignment and line spacing looking ok)?

Can it be be at least as good as what’s in Solidworks?
https://hawkridgesys.com/blog/flag-notes-clearly-communicate-important-drawing-notes

Answers

• Options
    shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 807 PRO
    All the years I used solidworks I somehow missed this ability.  As I do in onshape, I always made a general table with my notes and then placed a note or callout on an item and manually typed in a note number.  I appreciate what improvements onshape is making to drawings but it seems like they are sort of slipping by the wayside on some of the more critical stuff.  Like decreased loading times and overall performance.  I get the feeling sometimes that the way drawings work is not very flexible for them to improve upon.  Or they are subtly indicating there is a better way to communicate design intent then creating a 2d drawing.
  • Options
    Ben_BrownBen_Brown Member Posts: 11
    ...Or they are subtly indicating there is a better way to communicate design intent then creating a 2d drawing.
    Except that Onshape doesn't have MDB capabilities yet. Perhaps they're putting all their time into that. Unfortunately MDB will never be able to replace 2D drawings for manually produced parts. Every local shop I work with still wants 2D drawings.