Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

cut centerline off part

bikr7549bikr7549 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
I have a radial cut on a part, and the center of the cut is off the part surface. I can easily dimension the cut radius, but although a mark similar to a circles center mark appears on this dimension, I cannot grab it to dimension the location of this center. I have attached a pdf of the drawing view, is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Bob

Comments

• Options
    Marc_MillerMarc_Miller Member Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    This was not intuitive to me at all, but here's what I discovered.

Choose dimension tool and pick near the top of the ark and then on the line at bottom (pick at green dot areas) and then the dimension you're looking for (if I understood your question correctly) will show up.

• Options
    bikr7549bikr7549 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    EXCELLENT Marc! That works perfectly, and you are right that this method is not intuitive at all. Thank you for solving.