Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do i make a 3 point arc go at a right angle

VzixaeVzixae Member Posts: 2 EDU
I am currently trying to make rails. I am currently stuck and I do not know any way to make the arch a perfect 90 degrees. So does anyone have any tips to help me.

Comments

• Options
    Domenico_DiMareDomenico_DiMare Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 85
    Hi @Vzixae

It would help if you shared an Onshape document that you are working on or pictures of what you are trying to achieve.
  • Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you mean you want the arc to be exactly a quarter of a circle, you can just constrain the endpoints to be horizontal/vertical to the center point.
  • Options
    nicholas_radzykewycznicholas_radzykewycz Member Posts: 30 PRO
    If you need a quarter circle that is not aligned with horizontal or vertical you can use construction lines that are set to perpendicular and meet at the center point to make it 90 degrees as well. Though most cases fall into horizontal / vertical.
  • Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    I think you need to use the Tangent command in sketch mode.

• Options
    steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭

In very similar manner, I’ve thought of it as being kind of like one of these game shows you see on TV

Were you try and guess what the person is trying to convey, with that OP saying as little as possible

And like you say @mahir , a number of us just jump right in whole-hog

It is funny