Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Xometry

jacques_spillmannjacques_spillmann OS Professional Posts: 53 PRO
Hey Onshape! Not sure how I feel about Xometry invading my workspace, I thought it was an App from the AppStore and I would be able to add it as a tab but no...
What do you guys think? Did Xometry pay extra to get a premium spot on our screens?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,359 PRO
    I have to say I agree that it’s weird to have this on screen all the time. I’d like to have the option to use Xometry when it makes sense, but having this there all the time, and not in a menu is annoying.
  • Options
    wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 477 PRO
    edited April 2022
    @Aaron_Magnin
    +1
    Add me as well. 
  • Options
    Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
    Will do @wayne_sauder! I do also want to clarify that there is nothing Xometry (or OneIPM, or ANY of the "extension" based apps) can do about this. It's on our side. 
  • Options
    jacques_spillmannjacques_spillmann OS Professional Posts: 53 PRO
    Sounds good @Aaron_Magnin, yes, let's have the capability of turning on/off those App Extension!