Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Dear Onshape, creating an account and accessing the software is much, much too difficult.

Hey Onshape, I admire your software and services immensely. Your generosity makes a world of difference to the entire CAD community, the 3D printing community, and the internet in general. Not to mention all the other professional uses I'm not aware of. I was able to learn how to use Onshape with all of your great tutorials. I will be purchasing a 3D printer soon and absolutely cannot wait to design my own prints in Onshape. I'm not even going to go into how enjoyable the software is. It's amazing...

For these reasons, I like to recommend Onshape anytime someone mentions CAD. I have an account on reddit.com and I posted a few of my Onshape projects to the CAD section. It's a pretty small little forum, but my posts were very well received. This can be seen here:

https://www.reddit.com/user/Aint-Love-Grand/posts/

However, twice already, once on reddit and once in real life, people have told me that they can't see any kind of free service on Onshape.com. All they can see is the paid plans. So I went and tried to create a new free account and I couldn't find where I could do that. To make it even worse, there's a big button to "request a trial" which is confusing to someone who's looking for the free and public software. Unless there's a reason for this, I think this should be fixed to make the process easy for new users. 

Thanks for reading and thank you for Onshape!

Comments