Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
sketch equations and variables
It could be great to have the possibility of using equations in the sketch.
Sometimes a dimension is related with a driven dimension, in this case there is no possibility to solve with variables. Now it has to be changed manually. This is not the only case where equations are useful.
It could be great to work with equations.
Some ideas for dimension visualization without the need of editing them to see what is inside
- When a dimension is an input value, could be just a number; 123 like now is
- When a dimension is an equation can be = 123 , where = means the result of an equation
- When a dimension is variable can be: (x) 123 , according to the OS tool
- When a dimension is the result of an equation which involve 1 or more variables, could be: = (x) 123
Variables could be global, and be used across different tabs, even different documents, including assemblies as well. Global variables are already posted by other users.