Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Novice Question: How can I create 2 drawings from 1 Assembly, each of which showing different parts?

john_smith077john_smith077 Member Posts: 175 ✭✭✭

Hello

How can I create two drawings from one Assembly, each of which showing a group of parts, but maintaining their relative positions?

BACKGROUND
I have created a Part Studio that has a large number parts in it.
I have also put those parts into an Assembly that shows how all the parts fit together correctly.
Within the 3D space of my Assembly, I have arranged my parts into two different layers:
i.e. An 'Outer' layer and an 'Inner' layer.

How can I create two drawings:
A) One drawing which shows (just) all my 'Outer' parts?
B) Another drawing which shows (just) all my 'Inner' parts?

Note: I would like the parts to maintain their correct relative positions, that I have set up in the Assemby. 

PROBLEMS
When I create a drawing OnShape either allows me to import an entire assembly... OR it allows me to import the parts one at a time (which is time consuming and [worse] the parts lose their relative positions!)

Many thanks

J

Comments