Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

workflow/method

robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
Hello all.

I've modeled a kitchen island to be constructed of mostly 3/4" wood material. Many of the components such as toe kick, cabinet sides, drawer sides were sketched and then extruded each as one piece; no individual pieces for each of their faces. Later of course these continuous parts will be made up of individual components cut to length and specific angles and then assembled to create the continuous part.

I'm in the process of going back to the sketches and adding lines to allow me to extrude to individual pieces such as the front, back and sides of a drawer that will be assembled into one part. I then gather all the pieces as a composite part to use in an assembly. And now with individual pieces of a component I can create drawings for cutting and make use of the Auto Layout feature script (Thank you to marena_richardson and her team).

This is a bit tedious and made me wonder if there is a better approach. - Scotty

Comments