Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sheet Metal Variations within a Part Studio

fred_burttfred_burtt Member Posts: 11
Hi,

I am developing a line of sheet metal parts which are all variations of the basic version. They will have different flanges on their various sides, and there will be a fair amount of detail, which means it will be very desirable to copy the original part and modify the sheet metal.

However, it seems to be impossible to copy a sheet metal part without "finishing" it, and there doesn't seem to be a way to return it to sheet metal in order to edit it.

I'd really like to keep a family of designs in a single part studio, since there's going to be a number of part families to contend with.

I modeled two simple variations similar to what I will be developing. Would be nice to not have to start each one from scratch.

Is this possible in OnShape?

.https://cad.onshape.com/documents/8de7a08ad92ddb779bb64d2c/w/1735ce5638061dd825d256d9/e/9af420703ad6989e8d9a354d?renderMode=0&uiState=62cd915f9848d06bcc726c7a

Comments