Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Mesure distances in section view

brunono553brunono553 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
Hi, 

I'd need to be able to mesure distances while using section view; exactly like if I cutted the parts I need to mesure by the section view plane. Something like this: (I actually cutted the part for doing measurements)

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    _anton_anton Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 274
    You'll need to actually cut the parts to measure them.
  • Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,713 PRO
    I would also like this functionality. Until this functionality is implemented, here is a custom feature that may speed your process up: Section View

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    _anton said:
    You'll need to actually cut the parts to measure them.
    And how can I do to achieve that kind of measurements when I'm exploring versions ? As versions are read only, I can't do this split

So I've to branch, then split. Quite an heavy process for a simple measurement
  • Options
    I would also like this functionality. Until this functionality is implemented, here is a custom feature that may speed your process up: Section View
    Thanks ! This is brillant and certainly will speed up my process !
  • Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,713 PRO
    edited July 2022
    Hm, you could branch the version, then split the model. Onshape Learning Center - Branching and Merging

Just remember to go back to main for your real work! I have found it tricky to know which version I'm in and have spent hours making changes to the wrong branch before... Perhaps there is a way to be notified or make it clear if the user is not within "Main".

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎