Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Problem with Boolean function

I am very new to Onshape, so very unfamiliar with the boolean function. I am working on a project for a pipe structure, and the criteria is to only work on surfaces. I am trying to merge the two pipe surfaces, but Onshape followed with the prompt " Boolean resulted in no geometry change. The parts either do not intersect or are totally contained." Would be very helpful if anyone knows how it is done, or could explain why this is a problem?  

Pipe Project
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/eb9e5e7ab95e3c9cbb2f05d7/w/a8cb5905d1595fc5a0c53080/e/d8a6db664cdd3fbcea92365c?renderMode=0&uiState=62d899cf6b3ece5008aff81f

Answers