Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is it possible to suppress the display of a drawing dimension's nominal value?

StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
Instead of this...

I want the dimension to display only its Above, Pre, Post, Below text so I can get something like this...

in a drawing.

Best Answer

• ShapenShapen Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can double click on the dimension in the drawing, then delete the existing dimension, then type in whatever you want.

Answers

• michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    Double click on the dimension in the drawing and type "Angle" over the actual angle.

Answer ✓
    You can double click on the dimension in the drawing, then delete the existing dimension, then type in whatever you want.
  • StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    Is it really that simple? Never crossed my mind that is how it is done.

However, it is considered an "out of scale" dimension, therefore whatever is typed in gets underlined and I do not want the underline. It is not "out-of-scale" dimension, it just a label. Anyway to suppress the underline?

Comment: I would have thought the process would be to find the option to change from a normal dimension to what OS calls an "Overridden" dimension would be found in the field pull down where you set the value precision. There should be an option to suppress the underline.
    To remove the underline you can go into the drawing properties tab on the right hand side of the page, click to the dimensions section, then deselect the checkbox for "Underline overridden dimensions". 

• eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,461 PRO
    Thanks @Shapen!
    I have a series of drawings with a table of dimensions where I override the value as above to label the dimension... I was just accepting these lines being there and never noticed that checkbox in the settings!