Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Copy and paste drawing. No 'copy' option visible

g_l869g_l869 Member Posts: 5
Extremely frustrating. I can't get the 'Copy' option to show up. All I want to do is copy this drawing of a rachet to another file.

Why isn't it showing? I only get the option 'Paste'.

Comments

• Options
    SethFSethF Member Posts: 129 PRO
    edited July 2022
    If you double click on the Sketch feature (or right-click, Edit), you can select the sketch entities and hit command/control+C or right click and select "Copy sketch entities." Then in a new sketch (whether in the same document or elsewhere), you can right-click and Paste sketch entities, or command/control+V.

• Options
    Thanks for your answer but that doesn't seem to work. The option "Copy sketch entities" refuses to show up no matter what I try.

• Options
    ShapenShapen Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    It looks like you are selecting the face, and there doesn't seem to be any sketch entities in the sketch.

First you will want to use the "Use (Project/Convert)" feature to generate sketch entities on the outside edge of the face you have selected. This can be done by selecting the tool, then selecting the face with the edges to convert.

Then follow the advice of @SethF and highlight all sketch entities you want to copy, then right click and you will see the option for "Copy sketch entities". 

• Options
    That worked! Thanks a lot!