Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

"switch to part studio" -- right click not working on "copied" assemblies

rick_conardrick_conard Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
when I copy an assembly tab and paste it within the same document,  then right click on a part in the copied assembly,  the "switch to part studio" option does not come up on the right click menu.

What can I do to make this work correctly?

Answers

• mfalkensteinermfalkensteiner Member, Onshape Employees, csevp Posts: 62
    My suspicion: Is the Part Studio with the parts of the assembly in the same document? If not, then instead of "switch to PartStudio" the Option "Open Linked Document" appears
    Principal Technical Services Engineer, EMEAI
  • rick_conardrick_conard Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    these parts are all in the same document
  • mfalkensteinermfalkensteiner Member, Onshape Employees, csevp Posts: 62
    Could you post a screenshot of what is displayed in the dialogue window after a right click?
    Principal Technical Services Engineer, EMEAI
  • rick_conardrick_conard Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Ok,  I copied  the "lid assembly"  from a document  to another tab in the same document.  When I right click on the part  "upper disk"  in the original assembly the "switch to" option is there.  When I right click on same part in copied assembly the option is not there.