Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Composite feature doubles primitives

JollyJolly Member Posts: 81 PRO
Hey all, anyone know why when I do a closed composite of an imported PCBA the primitive count in the performance tab doubles? I'm working on a large system and the top level manipulation is a slower than I'd like. I noted that many of my PCBs have 1/2M primitives and it could probably be simplified.  In looking at them the composite doubles everything. And I mean an exact double. I verified triangles,lines,edges,faces. All exactly double. Almost as if the primitives renders the constituent primitives first, then renders the composite. Not a huge performance hit but I imagine on highly detailed composties this could really hurt. For now on PCBs I usually go in and suppress all the resistors/caps/small parts and keep connectors, larger ICs, ...