Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

mouse issues

bikr7549bikr7549 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
Hello everyone. I am having trouble with the mouse for moving/rotating the model on the screen. Sometimes it works perfectly, other times it just does not work. When not working the model simply will not move with the mouse, but it does with the arrow keys. When it is in this unhappy state it seems that if I select a surface or 2 on the model that makes it work. I am using a (new) plain laptop for home use and wireless Logitech mouse-this is fine for performance as my models are really quite simple and small. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Bob

Comments

• MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,695 PRO
    edited August 2022
    When the wireless mouse is not working does the track pad still work with the models?

One thing to check is to try using some different browsers to see if this is the problem. Chrome works well as well as Firefox. I prefer Brave which is chrome based.

I had a similar issue a while back except with a Wacom tablet and 3d space mouse. Turns out the space mouse was interfering with my pen drivers + the browser. You could check to make sure there aren't any other devices interfering. Though this is probably not the case here.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • bård_olsenbård_olsen Member Posts: 17
    you may have the zoom bug...
    when this happens click CTRL and then + and - keys ....it may fix the selecting issue you face. Since the zoom bug makes it so you select where your mouse pointer is not.
  • bikr7549bikr7549 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Thanks to both of you, but after trying both suggestions (changed to Chrome from Edge) it was still a no go. But, changing the mouse preferences to Solidworks settings has fixed it, at least for now. Kind of odd that this is 'the fix', but I am just glad that it is working. 
  • MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,695 PRO
    That is really strange.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎