Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Fillet

Making a mold for motorcycle shock bushings. Have created a base (extrude 1) consisting of a solid cylinder of say 4 units dia. extruded out to 2 units. Another cylinder on top of extrude 1 (extrude 2) say 2 units dia. extruded out to 2 units. I can make a fillet on top face of extrude 1 to extrude 2, no problem. I want a fillet also on the top face of extrude 1 to open air????  (on outside perimeter) basically a mirror image of fillet 1. Just cant seem to get it! 

Answers

• GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 366 PRO
    Not quite sure what you mean......is this the sort of thing?

• david_johns817david_johns817 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the help. The concept of the answer is correct but the location is incorrect. Need the fillet2 to form a valley, for lack of a better description, with fillet1 on the extrusion2 side and fillet2 on the outer edge of extrusion1. The sharp edge of fillet2 pointing up and the slope of that fillet curving down and meeting the top surface of extrusion1.Hope this explains better. There is another part, a ring, that completes the mold. Fillet2 would "crawl up" the inner wall of this ring.
  • dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    Making a sketch of the shape you want and then Revolve???
  • GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 366 PRO
    Can you post a freehand sketch....not sure I get what you mean.