Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

ThreadLab - Internal/External Modeled/Cosmetic Threads with External Thread Callouts

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lisa_ReisingerLisa_Reisinger Member Posts: 3
    This feature is really great - thanks a lot!

As the comment above, I would like to model pipe threads (NPT, BSP) too. Is there a chance you can add these to your feature, or is there perhaps an other feature for pipe threads?

• Options
    Lisa_ReisingerLisa_Reisinger Member Posts: 3
    This feature is really great - thanks a lot!

As the comment above, I would like to model pipe threads (NPT, BSP) too. Is there a chance you can add these to your feature, or is there perhaps an other feature for pipe threads?

• Options
    Tobias_HulletteTobias_Hullette Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to use ThreadLab for Internal threads, but it seems like it only "adds" threads to the hole. How can I get it to CUT threads? Thank you!!
  • Options
    Conant_CustomConant_Custom Member Posts: 7 PRO
    I am trying to use ThreadLab for Internal threads, but it seems like it only "adds" threads to the hole. How can I get it to CUT threads? Thank you!!
    +1 to this. The current setup leads to inaccurate hole callouts on the drawing views. As programmed, the drill size and depth instruction would eliminate the material needed to create the thread. Please consider adjusting your system to indicate the pilot drill diameter rather than the tap's major diameter.

cannot tap a 5/8-18 thread in a hole that has been drilled to 5/8" diameter:

• Options
    gyundtgyundt Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Fantastic work on this feature, B)
    Thank you so much for putting it out for everyone!

One useful future feature would be the ability to set specific/offset the starting rotational position of modelled threads.