Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Roll Back Release

I recently made a minor error on a first revision of a drawing that was reviewed and released, both the reviewer and I missed this error. Is it possible to roll back the release, correct the error and release it as Rev A? I'm aware of ISO 900X requirements that may look down upon this practice, but for a drawing that hasn't even been printed once there seems like there should be an exception. I would hate to create a revision for such a minor fix. I reference Solidworks PDM that allows you to roll back versions deleting previous releases.

Best Answer

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,514 PRO
    Answer ✓
    You can make the revision as "obsolete" (from the "show revision history" dialogue) and there is a checkbox in the obsoletion dialogue to allow reusing the number. If you check it, you can then do a new release at the same level (after you've corrected the issue).
    The main drawback is that if you have to fix something in a part/assembly as well and not just the drawing you have obsolete each item manually one by one.

Answers

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,514 PRO
    Answer ✓
    You can make the revision as "obsolete" (from the "show revision history" dialogue) and there is a checkbox in the obsoletion dialogue to allow reusing the number. If you check it, you can then do a new release at the same level (after you've corrected the issue).
    The main drawback is that if you have to fix something in a part/assembly as well and not just the drawing you have obsolete each item manually one by one.
  • Options
    Aleksandr_FilinovAleksandr_Filinov Member Posts: 2 PRO
    edited September 2022
    Thank you for the answer, that solved it!