Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

New to CAD, need some assistance with a shape

david_gelbdavid_gelb Member Posts: 2
Hi, I am trying to model a set screw protector and am unsure how to do this. I am creating a piece that fits over a set screw and creates a flat surface to rest against the surface the set screw is clamping onto - basically, to prevent the screw from scratching the surface it is mounting to.

I created the flat surface in OnShape, and then created the cylinder that the screw would sit in, but I am unsure how to give the cylinder thickness. I am not sure I am describing this well, but on the image below, I need to fill the space between the grey and blue cylinders. The set screw would sit inside the inner (blue) cylinder.

If this still isn't making sense, I can try to send other images.

Thank you,
David

Comments