Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Custom Cut List

Bedrock_NRBBedrock_NRB Member Posts: 2 PRO
@MichaelPascoe - I am using your Cut List (Pascoe) feature script you created in 2021. Thanks for creating that feature.

Is there anyway to modify those column headers and data that you can input in to the table? Looking to see if I can bring in the following data in to that cut list table - Col1(PARTNO) COL2(DESCRIPTION OF PART) COL3(QTY REQ) COL4 (LENGTH) COL5(WIDTH) COL6(THICKNESS).

I come from working inside of SolidWorks and using there cut list feature that was pretty efficient and easy to use. I have been looking for something like what you have created for some time now.  

Answers

• Options
    ing_luca_facondiniing_luca_facondini Member Posts: 5 PRO
    +1
  • Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,717 PRO
    edited December 2023
    Bedrock and I messaged some about this a while back. His needs were also related to assemblies.

@ing_luca_facondini, what specific functionality are you looking for? Are you wanting to modify the name of the inputs? Or perhaps the headers of the imported data?

The manual table entry already lets you choose the headers: For manual entry, the first row is the title of the column.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    ing_luca_facondiniing_luca_facondini Member Posts: 5 PRO
    I would like to modify  the cutting list by also inserting the name, description, Title1 of the part?
    I use parts from different suppliers to make a structure. Currently the only way to create a welded structure in Onshape is by using a cut list.
  • Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,717 PRO
    edited December 2023

Setting properties is easy, getting properties is possible via featurescript but there are some known issues. When getting properties, it only updates if you open up the feature due to the current limitations of how studios regenerate. Here is an improvement request you can vote on if you like: getProperty in FeatureScript - Improvement request

If you still want to get those properties in your table "Title 1, Name, and Description", you can use this custom feature Get property. It turns the properties of a part into variables which you can use in the Table feature. Note that it will not auto refresh if the properties change, you will have to manually open the feature up and click "refresh".

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎